And all my blogs were amongst them:
alphadogg writes with an excerpt from an article over at Network World: “Almost 30,000 WordPress blogs have been infected in a new wave of attacks orchestrated by a cybercriminal gang whose primary goal is to distribute rogue antivirus software, researchers from security firm Websense say. via: news.slashdot.org
It caused me quite some headache yesterday, as I was trying to rescue content, move it to more reliable hosting, and reconfigure all the analytics and links. here’s what i ended up doing:
- delete all infected files from dreamhost immediately. this rendered all my content inaccessible to anyone, including myself, but at least it prevented the virus from spreading to my readers.
- download sql databases
- register for paid wordpress.com account and be nicely surprised by the free domain.
- sed all datadumps, so that the links will still work on new domain
- as I realized that hosted wordpress won’t allow me to use google analytics, i signed up for cloudflare – i love it, and highly recommend it
- install local wordpress on my machine, import datadumps, export as wordpress file
- import into new igzebedze.com
- and while I was at it, i recategorized everything, into the 5 top level areas exposed on the left now.
- Sucuri Review: Monitor Your WordPress Site for Malware (wpjedi.com)
- A Funny Thing Happened On My Way To Malware Removal… (rationalsurvivability.com)
- A Blogger’s Worst Nightmare – Your site has been hacked by malware! (bpwebnews.com)