While great content will always get you noticed, I have come to the somewhat obvious conclusion that “Content is NOT King, Google is King” on the web. This is a slightly different mindset when it comes to getting traffic and marketing on the net.
I disagree with this article’s intention – the guys frustration is that obsolete sites will suffer even if they have good content – well, guess what, good content is King, but if you put it in a wooden box and ship it to Antarctica, it won’t do much for you either.
If you have good content, you should care about it and make sure it get’s treated well – with modern CMS like WordPress at least, with space to breathe, rather than hidden behind tons of advertising.
Content is King, because people want content. Google might be the first minister, but he is a mere mortal.
- Google Victory Blazes a Trail for Porn Industry (sixestate.com)
- Google’s Panda update: What does it mean for your website content? (marketing.yell.com)
- Content Is Not King: Key Takeaways from Amit Singhal (rimmkaufman.com)
- How to Get More Traffic – Content is STILL King (3wfactory.net)
- How to Destroy Your SEO in a Post-Panda World (hubspot.com)
- Wake Up SEOs, the New Google is Here (seomoz.org)